Terms of Service
TERMS & CONDITIONS
STANDARDUSER TERMS OF SERVICE
Thank you for selecting the Services offered by StandardUser, LLC and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to as "StandardUser", "we", "our", or "us"). Review these Terms of Service ("Agreement") thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal agreement between you and StandardUser. By accepting electronically (for example, clicking "I Agree"), installing, accessing or using the Services, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then you may not use the Services.
A. GENERAL TERMS
This Agreement describes the terms governing your use of the StandardUser online services provided to you on this website, including content, updates and new releases, (collectively, the "Services"). It includes by reference:
• StandardUser’s Privacy Statement provided to you in the Services available on the website or provided to you otherwise.
• Additional Terms and Conditions, which may include those from third parties.
• Any terms provided separately to you for the Services, including product or program terms, ordering, activation, payment terms, etc.
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICES
2.1 The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only granted the right to use the Services and only for the purposes described by StandardUser. StandardUser reserves all other rights in the Services. Until termination of this Agreement and as long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, StandardUser grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right and license to use the Services.
2.2 You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services or content in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:
• Provide access to or give any part of the Services to any third party.
• Reproduce, modify, copy, deconstruct, sell, trade or resell the Services.
• Make the Services available on any file-sharing or application hosting service.
3. PAYMENT. For Services offered on a payment or subscription basis, the following terms apply, unless StandardUser or its third party affiliate notifies you otherwise in writing. This Agreement also incorporates by reference and includes program ordering and payment terms provided to you on the website for the Services:
a. Payments will be billed to you in U.S. dollars, and your account will be debited when you subscribe and provide your payment information, unless stated otherwise in the program ordering or payment terms on the website for the Services.
b. You must pay with one of the following:
1. A valid credit card acceptable to StandardUser;
2. A valid debit card acceptable to StandardUser;
3. Sufficient funds in a checking or savings account to cover an electronic debit of the payment due;
4. 4. By another payment option StandardUser provides to you in writing.
c. If your payment and registration information is not accurate, current, and complete and you do not notify us promptly when such information changes, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any use of the Services.
d. If you do not notify us of updates to your payment method (e.g., credit card expiration date), to avoid interruption of your service, we may participate in programs supported by your card provider (e.g., updater services, recurring billing programs, etc.) to try to update your payment information, and you authorize us to continue billing your account with the updated information that we obtain.
e. StandardUser will automatically renew your monthly, quarterly, or annual Services at the then-current rates, unless the Services are cancelled or terminated under this Agreement.
f. Additional cancellation or renewal terms may be provided to you on the website for the Services.
4. USE WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
Use of these Services may be available through a compatible mobile device, Internet access and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider.
STANDARDUSER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO:
i. THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY LOCATION;
ii. ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND
iii. ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
5. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You can view StandardUser’s Privacy Statement provided with the Services and on the website for the Services. You agree to the applicable StandardUser Privacy Statement, and any changes published by StandardUser. You agree that StandardUser may use and maintain your data according to the StandardUser Privacy Statement, as part of the Services. You give StandardUser permission to combine information you enter or upload for the Services with that of other users of the Services and/or other StandardUser services. For example, this means that StandardUser may use your and other users' non-identifiable, aggregated data to improve the Services or to design promotions and provide ways for you to compare business practices with other users. StandardUser is a global company and may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of your own country to the extent permitted by applicable law.
6.1 You are responsible for your content. You are responsible for all materials ("Content") uploaded, posted or stored through your use of the Services. You grant StandardUser a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use any Content provided through your use of the Services. Archive your Content frequently. You are responsible for any lost or unrecoverable Content. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosures. StandardUser is not responsible for the Content or data you submit through the Services.
You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
a. Illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, offensive, inappropriate or objectionable information or communications of any kind, including without limitation conduct that would encourage "flaming" others, or criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal or foreign law;
b. Content that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications, or that constitutes a breach of any individual's privacy;
c. Except as permitted by StandardUser in writing, investment opportunities, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication or engage in spamming or flooding;
d. Virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive or harmful software or data; and
e. Any information, software or Content which is not legally yours and without permission from the copyright owner or intellectual property rights owners.
6.2 Community forums. The Services may include a community forum or other social features to exchange Content and information with other users of the Services and the public. StandardUser does not support and is not responsible for the content in these community forums. Please use respect when you interact with other users. Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Users may post hypertext links to content of third parties for which StandardUser is not responsible.
6.3 StandardUser may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that StandardUser may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant StandardUser a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to StandardUser in any way.
6.4 StandardUser may monitor your Content. StandardUser may, but has no obligation to, monitor content on the Services. We may disclose any information necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, protect StandardUser or its customers, or operate the Services properly. StandardUser, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS
7.1 StandardUser does not give professional advice. Unless specifically included with the Services, StandardUser is not in the business of providing legal, financial, accounting, tax, health care, real estate or other professional services or advice. Consult the services of a competent professional when you need this type of assistance.
7.2 We may tell you about other StandardUser services. You may be offered other services, products, or promotions by StandardUser ("StandardUser Services"). Additional terms and conditions and fees may apply. With some StandardUser Services you may upload or enter data from your account(s) such as names, addresses and phone numbers, purchases, etc., to the Internet. You grant StandardUser permission to use information about your business and experience to help us to provide the StandardUser Services to you and to enhance the Services. You grant StandardUser permission to combine your business data, if any, with that of others in a way that does not identify you or any individual personally. You also grant StandardUser permission to share or publish summary results relating to research data and to distribute or license such data to third parties.
7.3 Communications. StandardUser may be required by law to send you communications about the Services or Third Party Products. You agree that StandardUser may send these communications to you via email or by posting them on our websites
7.4 You will manage your passwords and accept updates. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for the Services and to contact StandardUser if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account. The Services may periodically be updated with tools, utilities, improvements, third party applications, or general updates to improve the Services. You agree to receive these updates.
7.5 Telephone Numbers. You may provide us with your telephone number as part of your customer record or registration or via other methods. You understand and agree that StandardUser may use your telephone number for "multi-factor authentication" ("MFA"), to confirm your identity and help protect the security of your account. Part of the MFA identity verification process may involve StandardUser sending text messages containing security codes to your telephone number. You agree to receive these texts from StandardUser containing security codes as part of the MFA process. In addition, you agree that StandardUser may send automated text messages and pre-recorded voice messages to the telephone number you provide for other limited purposes, including: providing you with important critical notices regarding your use of the Services, or fulfilling a request made by you through the Services.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
8.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STANDARDUSER, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY,"SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. STANDARDUSER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
8.2 STANDARDUSER, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF STANDARDUSER, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, STANDARDUSER, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (B) DAMAGES RELATING TO FAILURES OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, THE INTERNET, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR USE OF SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET STANDARDUSER SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF STANDARDUSER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF STANDARDUSER, ITS AFFILIATES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND ITS USE.
You agree to indemnify and hold StandardUser and its Affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Claims"). StandardUser reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by StandardUser in the defense of any Claims.
10. CHANGES. We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time, and the changes will be effective when posted through the Services, on our website for the Services or when we notify you by other means. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part. Your continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to the changes.
11. TERMINATION. StandardUser may, in its sole discretion and without notice, restrict, deny, terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services effective immediately, in whole or in part, for suspicion of fraud, security, illegal activity or unauthorized access issues to protect the integrity of our Services or systems and comply with applicable StandardUser policy, or if you fail to comply with this Agreement or if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications. Upon termination you must immediately stop using the Services and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect StandardUser's rights to any payments due to it. StandardUser may terminate a free account at any time. Sections 2.2, 3 through 15 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services, including the mobile application, delivered by StandardUser are subject to restrictions under applicable US export control laws, including US trade embargoes and sanctions and security requirements, and applicable country or local laws to the extent compatible with US laws. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations and will not export, re-export, import or otherwise make available products and/or technical data in violation of these laws, directly or indirectly.
13. GOVERNING LAW. California state law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
14. DISPUTES. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply California law to all other matters. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND STANDARDUSER ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to StandardUser Inc., in care of our registered agent Corporation Service Company, 2711 Centerville Road, Wilmington, DE 19808. Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA's rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and costs will be governed by the AAA's rules, but if you are unable to pay any of them, StandardUser will pay them for you. In addition, StandardUser will reimburse all such fees and costs for claims totaling less than $75,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, StandardUser will not seek its attorneys' fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines your claims or defenses are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and not appealable, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This Section 14 shall survive expiration, termination or rescission of this Agreement.
15. GENERAL. This Agreement, including the Additional Terms below, is the entire agreement between you and StandardUser and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You cannot assign or transfer ownership of this Agreement to anyone without written approval of StandardUser. However, StandardUser may assign or transfer it without your consent to (a) an affiliate, (b) a company through a sale of assets by StandardUser or (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void. If you want to request a transfer of this Agreement, contact StandardUser via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want you to be extremely happy with the service(s) you purchase. You will be notified when threats are blocked, and you will receive periodic threat reports via email.
If you do not wish to continue your subscription, you may cancel with no further obligation. You must notify us of your cancellation at least 30 days before your subscription date, to allow for processing time. Subscription fees already charged cannot be refunded.
Please send us an email if you have an issue, and we will do our best to resolve it. email@example.com.
Welcome to StandardUser
These terms explain your legal rights and responsibilities when using our software and services. Read these terms carefully, including any links, because they’ll become the agreement between you and us.
Things to remember:
1. When you see a word in bold, it will have the same meaning every time it’s used in this document.
2. By clicking an acceptance button, installing, or using the software and services (whether provided by us or one of our partners), you’re agreeing to these terms. If you don’t agree or follow the rules they lay out, you can’t use the software and services.
3. When we say StandardUser, we, our or us, this means the StandardUser entity that provides the software and services in your region.
4. When we say you or your, this means you or the business or company you’re authorized to represent.
5. If you live in the US, you should be aware of our binding arbitration clause and the class action waiver. They outline some very important points about how we resolve disputes.
What about my privacy?
Protecting your privacy is important, but we do need to know some of your personal details before you can use the software and services. Make sure to read our Privacy Notice so you understand how and why we collect, use, and share your personal data through our websites, products and services and how you can exercise your rights on your data.
What can I do with StandardUser’s software and services?
When you purchase our software and services, you’re getting a limited license. This means we, our partners and suppliers still own all the rights to the software and services. We’re allowing you to use them according to these terms.
If your license is for personal use:
You get a license for the software and services you’ve subscribed to, that belongs to you, and only you. You can’t transfer that personal license to anyone else.
We’re allowing you to use your license:
● For as long as you continue to pay any applicable fees for your subscription or until the subscription ends.
● For the length of time you chose when you made your purchase or, if you didn’t choose a subscription length, one year.
● On the number of devices, for the number of users you chose when you made your purchase. If you didn’t choose, you can only use your license on one device for one user.
● If your devices and operating systems meet our requirements.
● It’s up to you to make sure your devices are kept up to date and meet those requirements. (It’s good security practice to keep your devices up to date, too.)
If you’re using your license for small business:
You get a license for the software and services you’ve subscribed to, just like in the terms as above. The only difference is, only people employed by the small business may use the software and services and only for internal business operations.
You must make sure to REGISTER EACH LICENSE you purchase, using the same email address as in your account profile. If you purchase new licenses using that email address, we will make sure they have the same renewal date as the licenses you first purchased. We will automatically pro-rate the cost to reflect the shorter initial term of the new licenses. Additional licenses you purchase using a different email address not associated with your account it will be for the term you purchased, without a discount or consideration of any other license you purchased using a different email address.
What about free software and services?
On occasion, we may offer software and services free of charge, like an additional feature in a paid subscription, a pre-release, beta software or a courtesy service that may be in an experimental phase. The terms in this agreement apply to free software and courtesy services too, unless we’ve said otherwise. Some limitations may apply, and we’ll let you know what these are when we make the free software or courtesy services available to you. You can use free software and courtesy services for as long as we provide them to you.
What about minors?
You must comply with the law when using our software and services. If the product you purchase includes tracking features, you may only use them to track and monitor children if you have a legal right to do so. That means you must be a parent, legal guardian or have other legal authorization.
What can’t I do with StandardUers’ software and services?
Our rights as owners or licensors of the software and services are protected by law. This means if you do something, like the following examples, your subscription will likely be canceled, and we might need to take further action. Here are some examples:
● try to figure out the source-code, including by reverse engineering or decompiling the software or services;
● make any modifications to the software or services;
● commercialize the software or services, including selling, lending or renting them;
● use a pirated version of the software or services;
● create any product or service based on the software or services;
● transfer the software or services to anyone else, including by sub-licensing or assigning them;
● use the software or services to do anything illegal;
● publish or make copies of the software;
● interfere with anyone else’s use of the software or services;
● try to get around any technical protection measures in the software and services;
● exceed any applicable content storage or bandwidth limitations;
● use a multi-user product to track and monitor any other person without their consent;
● install the software or services on more devices than you are permitted to, (including by failing to delete the software or services from a device before you sell or transfer ownership of it); or
● continue to use the software or services after your rights to use the software or services have expired or been terminated.
For software and services that qualify for technical support, you’ll receive the standard support offering for the length of your paid subscription. Check your receipt when you buy your software or services to see if your purchase qualifies. Our standard support offerings, policies and procedures may change from time to time and vary by country.
How do updates to StandardUser software and services work?
We regularly release upgrades, enhancements and modifications to our software and services (updates). Once an update becomes available, we may stop supporting the previous version of the software or services. To make sure you can use new features we develop, you agree to let us install updates in the background while you do other things. We may also provide updates for free software and courtesy services, but we are not obligated to.
What happens when StandardUser discontinues software, services, or features?
From time to time we may discontinue or remove certain software, services or particular features of the software or services. When we stop offering it for purchase, download, or renewal, it reaches end of sale and you won’t be able to renew your subscription after the end of sale date. Sometimes we have to stop supporting older products. We also have to make changes to features of the software and services if required by third party platforms and software that are outside of our control.
Payment and automatic renewal
If you purchased your software from StandardUser and not from a third party, when you share your payment information (credit or debit card or other payment type) with us, you are authorizing us (or, our authorized partner) to charge your payment type for the initial purchase amount, as well as any subscription renewals.
Updating your payment details
If any of your payment details change (like card number or expiration date) please let us know as soon as possible so we can continue to provide the software and services when it comes time for renewal.
Sometimes we may receive updated credit or debit card information from your card issuer or the card network, which we’ll use to update your payment details automatically. We may also retry failed payments to complete transactions, including by retrying failed cards by extending expiration dates. You consent for us to charge your payment type using the updated details.
How does automatic renewal work?
If you purchased your software from StandardUser and not from a third party, your paid subscription will be automatically renewed at the end of its term, unless you’ve decided not to enroll in or have opted-out of automatic renewal. We’ll email you in advance to let you know that your subscription is due for renewal and will charge your payment type within 30 days before the subscription is due to end. The amount charged will be the price of the software or services at the time of renewal, which might be different to the amount you originally paid. If your software or services have been renamed, upgraded or replaced with a new offering we’ll provide the new offering at no more than its renewal price at the time of your renewal, provided it has reasonably comparable features. If automatic renewal doesn’t apply in your location, we will state this at the time of purchase.
How do I turn off automatic renewal?
If you don’t want to continue your subscription, you can turn off automatic renewal at any time by logging in to your My Account Page or contacting support. Be sure to do this more than 30 days before your subscription term expires so your payment type isn’t charged for your next renewal. Remember, if you turn off or don’t enroll in automatic renewal, you won’t be able to access premium features that we offer to subscribers of our automatic renewal service. If you forget to turn off automatic renewal you have 60 days after you’re charged to request a refund and cancel your subscription. Contact Customer Support to do so.
When does this agreement officially end?
This agreement will end when your right to access the software and services expires or is ended by us or you. After it ends, you’re not allowed to use the software and services anymore and you must permanently delete the software and services from your devices.
Can I cancel my subscription?
You can, but you’ll be giving up all the protection we provide. If you’re absolutely sure, you can cancel your subscription any time before it’s expiry date. The good news is you’ll be able to keep using the software and services until the end of the cancelled paid subscription period. Subscription fees already charged cannot be refunded.
Will my subscription be suspended or cancelled if I break the terms of this agreement?
Yes. If you violate this agreement or any of the additional terms and conditions that apply, we’ll have to suspend or end your use of the software or service. When we end it, we may also close your account.
What happens to my data after this agreement ends?
We delete all your stored or backed-up content (information, text, files, links, images and all other materials you provide to us) in accordance with our internal policies after you have deleted or uninstalled your software. You’re responsible for storing and backing-up your content before termination.
Terms specific to certain products and services
Some of our software and services have a few extra terms of service not covered here. You can find more information on our website.
We will make every reasonable effort to remove viruses and malware from your device. However, we can’t guarantee that all malware and viruses can be removed because some attacks are far more sophisticated.
Password Management products and features
We never have a copy of your master password.
Guarantees and disclaimers
Attacks on Data
Security breaches might involve attacks on your data. For example, viruses and other malware might delete, destroy, alter or encrypt data and files on your device. If this happens, you could lose access to your data and files. You agree that it is your responsibility to back-up and store all data and files on your devices so you can safely restore them, if you need to. You should back up your important files to a reputable online data storage service and do it often. We’re not liable for any lost or damaged files or interruptions as a result of attacks on your data.
High risk activities
The software and services are not fault-tolerant and are not designed or intended for high-risk activities such as use in hazardous environments requiring failsafe performance, including nuclear-facilities operations, air traffic communication systems, weapons systems, direct life-support machines, or any other application in which the failure of the software or services could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage. We do not make any express or implied warranty of fitness for high-risk activities.
Limitation of liability
Our liability and that of our affiliates, suppliers, licensors or other third-party service providers to you, under or in connection with these terms, is (a) limited to the price you paid for the applicable software or services for the subscription term during which the event or circumstance giving rise to the liability occurred, or USD$100 in respect of free software; and (b) excludes any liability to you for any: (i) indirect, special, incidental, or consequential loss or damage, including loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss of personnel salaries, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction or loss of data; or (ii) theft of personally identifiable information.
We make no warranties, representations, express or implied, in relation to the software or services, including warranties or conditions of merchantability, performance, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, title, and non-infringement. The software and services are provided "as is". You are responsible for selecting the software and services to achieve your intended results and for installing and using the software or service. We do not warrant or guarantee the software or services’ use or performance. We do not warrant or guarantee that the software or services’ operation will be failsafe, uninterrupted, or free from errors or defects, that the software or services will protect against all possible security threats, or that there will be no malfunctions or other errors in the software or services caused by virus, infection, worm or similar malicious code not introduced or developed by us. We are not liable for any downtime or service interruption, for any lost or stolen data or systems, or for any other damages arising out of or relating to any actions or intrusions.
You agree that the limitations of liability and disclaimers in this section reflect the fee charged for the software, which would be higher without these limitations. Nothing in this agreement limits any rights you may have under existing consumer-protection statutes or other applicable laws that may not be waived in your jurisdiction, including those specifically mentioned in the local law section.
Some general housekeeping
What happens when there are changes to these terms?
Sometimes we make changes to these terms and post them to our website. If you don’t agree to any of the changes you can end your subscription by not renewing, as outlined above. If you renew your subscription, you accept the most recent version of these terms. If you’ve accepted more than one version, the most recent version will replace all older versions.
What about data charges?
You are responsible for paying all data and mobile charges associated with using the software and services.
What country’s laws apply to these terms?
Different countries have different consumer laws. Use of the software and services and any claims will be subject to:
● the laws of the state of New York, or if the laws of the state of New York are found not to apply, then the laws of the state of Delaware,
● the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, if you acquired the software and services in Canada;
● the laws of New South Wales, Australia if you acquired the software and services in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Oceania, excluding Japan;
● the laws of Japan if you acquired the software and services in Japan (but excluding its choice of law rules);
● The national laws of the country where you acquired the software and services if acquired in the European Union, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland;
No matter which local law applies, the following will always be excluded:
● conflict of law principles;
● The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods; and
● the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act.
What if there’s a dispute?
Most disputes can be resolved informally by contacting Customer Service. If we are unable to reach an agreement to resolve the dispute, our preference is to resolve any disputes through arbitration. If you live in the United States, however, you agree to resolve all disputes relating to this agreement through arbitration or in small claims court, as we explain in more detail in the “Binding arbitration and class action waiver” section below.
The software and services are subject to export controls under the U.S. and local country laws. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly export, transmit, permit access or use of the software or services and their related documentation and technical data to an individual, entity, or country to which export, transmission or access is restricted by export control laws, without the required authorization of the Bureau of Industry and Security of the U.S. Department of Commerce or other governmental entity with jurisdiction over export or transmission. You will not use, transfer or access any StandardUser products for end use relating to any nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, missile technology, or the military end use or for a military end user per 15 CFR Part 744.21 unless authorized by the U.S. or relevant local government by regulation or specific license. If we receive notice that a user is or becomes identified as a sanctioned or restricted party under applicable law, we will not be obligated to perform any of our obligations under these terms if it would result in violation of the sanctions or restrictions. Additional information regarding exporting and importing StandardUser products may be found here, as updated from time to time.
These terms are the entire agreement between you and us relating to your use of the software and services. These terms supersede any prior agreements or terms between you and us in relation to the software and services, and any other communications, representations, or advertising relating to them.
We provide versions of these terms translated from English for your convenience only. If there is any difference in meaning or interpretation between a translated version and the English version, the English version applies.
We will only waive a provision of these terms in a signed document.
Have a Supported operating system
Operating System is patched and updated
Computer is in a secure physical location
Computer is only shared with trusted third parties
EDR Solution is not intentionally disabled
PO Box 50892
Denton, TX 76206
This site is not a part of the Facebook website or Facebook Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, Inc.